Fireplace Tools and Tool Sets
Is It Time for a New Fireplace Tool Set?
- How do your current fireplace tools look? Do they just need cleaning, or are they rusting and showing their age?
- Are the handles secure and safe?
- Is it time for a more updated look in fireplace tools for your hearth?
If the time has come to replace them, you might be quite pleased with the range of styles and finishes now available.
Matching Your Décor
We've grouped our fireplace tool sets by color--black, vintage iron, bronze, and others--so you can easily find the options that are right
for you. Styles available include colonial, traditional, and modern. We also have extra tall fireplace tool sets for large fireplaces and stainless steel outdoor fireplace tools.
One way to get an idea of which metal color will look best in a room is to look at the other metal surfaces and objects there. What
metal are the chandelier, the lamps, the cabinet handles, the picture frames, the appliances, or the candle holders?
If limited space is a concern, consider fireplace tools that hang from a log holder or from a fireplace screen.
Matching Your Other Fireplace Accessories
Many of our customers prefer to select tool sets, fireplace screens, and log holders that are similar in appearance. If you already
have one or more accessories, you can find a tool set that coordinates nicely with them among our huge selection. If you're equipping a new fireplace, you can find everything you need, in the
style you prefer, on FireplaceMall.com.
If you just need one or two tools or replacement fireplace tools,
we offer individual black fireplace tools and hooks to hang them on. You can also choose just the tools you want and pair them with a wall-hanging tool bracket.
If your tool set will be placed on a raised hearth, measure the depth of the hearth and choose a tool set whose base will fit on the
hearth. Base dimensions are shown for each tool set.
Sets designed specifically for use with woodstoves include an ash rake. These sets are typically 18 to 22 inches tall.
Made In America Fireplace Tool Sets
We are proud to offer fireplace tool sets made in the US by Enclume (in hand-hammered steel) and by Stone County Iron Works.
Using Your Tool Set
- Your poker is good for positioning firewood, burning or not, in your fireplace. You can push a log away or pull it to
you by using the hook on your poker.
- Your shovel
can remove ashes from your fireplace. We suggest putting ashes in a metal ash bucket just in case there's a live coal among the ashes. The shovel also works as a dustpan when you want to clean up your hearth.
- Your firewood will inevitably deposit shreds of bark and sawdust on your hearth. You can use the broom
to push the mess onto your shovel for disposal. Alternatively, you can sweep out the ash with the broom when cleaning the firebox.
- The better tool sets have tongs, a wonderful tool that securely grasps fire logs so you can position them exactly where you
want. Tongs are well worth the few extra dollars.
- Tool sets designed for woodstove often have a rake
for separating hot embers from ash. The hot embers can then be used to rekindle the fire.
- When people cooked in their fireplaces blowpokes were an essential tool. While standing, the cook could blow extra oxygen into the fireplace to make smoldering logs catch fire. Today, blowpokes are used in the same fashion in indoor fireplaces, but they are indispensable for fire pits because they allow one to blow on coals down inside the fire pit.
Fast Shipping on our huge selection of over 125 Woodstove Tools and Fireplace Tool
with FREE Shipping!