QUESTION: According to the National Retail Federation, what was the most popular adult Halloween costume?
ANSWER: In 2012, the best-selling adult costumse at Halloween were Witch Costumes!
Americans spent an amazing $287,000,000,000 (that’s billions!) on Halloween costumes last year.
QUESTION: How Can I Decorate the Fireplace for Halloween?
Adults, children, and even pets are not the only things getting “dressed up” for Halloween. When decorating for October 31st, don’t forget the fireplace.
ANSWER: Here are 3 ways to dress up your fireplace for Halloween:
- The fireplace is the place in your home that was created to hold fire, so it is a safe place to set your jack o’lantern if you are using lit candles.
- Add Black Cat Andirons to the fireplace. The glass eyes glow when the fire is lit!
- Decorate the fireplace mantel for Halloween or, for an unused fireplace, add the spooky decorations into the firebox.
QUESTION: How can I share photos of
- my costumed Halloweeners posed in front of a fireplace, or
- my fireplace decorated for Halloween?
ANSWER: We’d love to share your photos of this fireplace-weather holiday! Just leave the URL of your photo in the Comments below.